sábado, 1 de marzo de 2008

Pg 19-24

After Mammans death, he got back to his normal daily life, and it is always hard to get back to your every day routine after losing some one special. Not having what to do, who to speak with, or any way of spending your time, when you basically cannot really find anything to do and you are not able to keep yourself entertained by anything, you start thinking about that person you miss so much. You really can not admit that they are gone even though its the last thing you want to think about.
For example "After lunch I was a little bored and I wandered around the apartment. It was just the right size When Mamman was here. Now its too big for me and I ve had to move the dining room table into my bedroom. I live in just one room now with some saggy straw chairs, a wardrobe whose mirror has gone yellow, a dressing table and a brass bed."
Its kind of like Murphies Law, when you least want something to happen to you, it is then when the probabilities of that thing happening goes up so high that they reach the fact that it ends up happening. Even though Meusald does not admit the fact that he misses Mamman, the book in a way is giving us small hints that deep inside he really does miss her in his own way.

No hay comentarios: