What I thought was the most interesting part of this Chapter was Salamano, who has a dog. He walks the dog every day, at the same exact time, in the same exact way. "They havent changed their route in eight years. You can see them in the Rue de Lyon, the dog pulling the man along until old Salamano stumbles. Then he beats the dog and swears at it. The dog cowers and trails behind. Then it is the old man who pulls the dog. Once the dog has forgotten, it starts dragging its master along again and again and gets beaten and sworn at." If I was the old man I would change my routine because things that are very monotonus make me bored, are not exciting and what never changes is boring, atleast for me.
If I would take out my dog for a walk, I would do so at different times, change my daily routine each day, and take a new route for our walks. Maybe in this way the dog will realize when its ok for him to pull on the leash and when it is not ok to do so. Perhaps instead of only taking him out to walk, I would just teach him some new tricks here and there and then his life will be less monotonus and boring, and the combination of walks and tricks will be more interesting for the two of us.
sábado, 1 de marzo de 2008
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario