domingo, 2 de marzo de 2008
Pg. 82-97 Listen and Appreciate
After going through a rough time in court, it is clear to see that in this part of the book a simple thing you do not get to experience in prison can make days worthwhile living for. Even though your rights have been taken away the little things can take on a new importance.“As I was leaving the couthouse on my way back to the van, I recognized for a brief moment the smell and color of the summer evening. In the darkness of my mobile prison, I could make out one by one, as if from the depth of my exhaustion all the familiar sounds of a town I loved and at a certain time of day when I used to feel happy. The cries of a newpaper vendors in the already languid air, the last few birds in the square, the shouts of the sandwich sellers, the screech of the streetcars turning sharply through the upper town and that hum in the sky before night engulfs the port.” Here you can see how much he appreciates just a few seconds of sounds of everyday normal life before entering the van. This is something he is not able to experience in jail so when getting the opportunity to really listen, it is something he really end up appreciating.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario